Best Soldering Irons and Starter Items
Photo credit Jamie Harmon
Students beginning on their electronics journey are in for an exciting ride. A few simple tools can transform anyone’s home, garage, or desk into a workspace to tinker, learn and grow into an engineer.
After we teach our Intro to Electronics – Soldering Class people often ask what tools we use and how can they re-create our set up at home. Here are the best items to get your student started.
Best Soldering Irons
Great soldering irons have never been so affordable and they range from basic (perfect for your first timer) to digitally controlled, multi-tipped machines (perfect for your forever-soldering iron).
- Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station
- LoNove Soldering Iron Station Kit – 60W
- Hakko Digital Soldering Station – Temps up to 899∙F!
Helping Hands keep your project at exactly the right angle and placement you need to ensure a success Soldering or Connection of Wires.
- Elenco Helping Hands with 2 .5″ Magnifying Glass
- KOTTO Helping Hands, Third Hand Soldering Tool
- Magnetic Soldering Helping Hand with 3X LED Magnifying Lamp
Electronics Kit Materials
Add these essential items to your workshop so you’ll never be without the materials you need to Solder and Tinker with your projects a little bit everyday.